Reusable Face Masks for Haze, Dust, Germs, Mold & Pollen
Breathe Healthy® germ, dust, and allergy masks have been around since 2006. They’re comfortable, effective for everyday use, and reusable/washable. We know of no other product that combines the features of comfort, adjustability, custom looks, permanent germ resistance, and reusability. This “reusable” quality also provides a more ecological alternative, eliminating the waste that comes from disposable masks. No more worrying about running out of disposable masks.
Let’s face it – most people don’t really want to wear a mask. But if you need to – you might as well use a mask that you can live with – one that fits well and works well.
Key Highlights of the Breathe Healthy Masks:-
- Good Filtration Ability ~ Filter down to 1.0 microns and help to protect against pollen (6.0+ microns), mold spores (1.0+ microns), pet hair & dander (1.0+ microns), dust (1.0+ microns), bacteria (.35+ microns) and airborne effluents from sneezes & coughs that can contain cold and flu germs (4.0+microns). A 1.0 micron Latex Particle Challenge (PFE) testing revealed a 61% efficiency as tested by Nelson Labs
- Regulates Moisture in Mask ~ patented lining within the mask made from athletic fiber that is designed to be worn against the skin. This special material not just filters off particles but also has the ability to regulate moisture by deploying excess persperation away from the skin.
- Excellent Airflow ~ Provide a comfortable airflow through the mask that makes it suitable for use even by children as well as persons with breathing difficulties such as the elderly, asthma patients and pregnant women.
- Reusable ~ Masks are treated with the hospital safe AEGIS® antimicrobial that kills germs or mold that comes in contact with the mask fabric. The AEGIS treatment is permanent and will lasts for the life of the mask. Breathe Healthy masks can be reused safely without washing yet keeps bacteria and mold built-up to a minimum. Normal disposable masks are not intended to be used more than once because there is no way to prevent such built-up.
- Latex Free ~ Suitable for persons with latex allergies.
- Easy to fit to any face shape ~ Plastic encased, stitched-in, Coneg Certified padded nose form to help “seal” the mask around the bridge of the nose. This also prevent fogging of glasses. Non-latex elasticized sides to help assure a flexible good fit on the side and bottom of the face. This solves a common problem with most commerical disposable masks which requires a very tight fit for them to be effective.
- Possible to speak normally while wearing the mask ~ can be worn comfortably for extended periods of time. The soft material that moulds around the user's face allows the user to speak normally without compromising the protection of the mask, a common complaint about normal disposable N95 masks.
- Washable ~ can be washed and depending upon use, can last as long as your favorite t-shirt. NO MORE worrying about running out of disposable masks!
- MADE IN USA
For more accurate sizing guidelines, you can make some measurements using the guidelines below:-
Frequently Asked Question:
Question: "Is the BreatheHealthy Masks N95?"
Answer: "The Breathe Healthy mask material is not N95. However, it is certified to be effective to filter about 60% of 1 micron particles based on Nelson lab tests. That said, we are making comparison on the assumption that all the air passes through the filter material which in a practical setting is very difficult to achieve. How effective a mask is, is seldom easily measured by just the filtration spec of the material.
BreatheHealthy masks are extra soft and designed to hug your face closely, taking your face shape, it is therefore very easy to achieve an effective 'seal' to ensure most of the air that you breath are filtered through the material especially for children. N95 masks typically requires a very tight seal on the face for the mask to be effective. It is not easy to sustain for long periods and close to impossible to achieve with kids.
One of the BreatheHealthy mask advantage is that it provides adequate protection while being extra breathable & designed to keep your face dry, making it is a lot more comfortable and suitable to wear for long periods of time. The soft material also allows one to speak normally while using the mask, for example for kids in the classroom. Many people with respiratory issues such as the old, sick, young or pregnant are not able to use the N95 because they are not able to breathe properly through them at all. They have no such issues with the BreatheHealthy masks.
So, while the material may not filter as much as the N95 material, the effective protection level may be comparable if you take in consideration the ease of fitting and wearing. Many people who have tried the masks can attest to the effectiveness of the masks in our haze condition.
The other advantage is that it is designed to be reusable & washable. N95 masks are mostly disposable. This means that once you put on and take your mask off, bacteria & mold starts to grow on the surface of the mask particularly in our humid weather. To put on a used mask again increases one's risks of in haling the bacteria and mold that can lead to other problems.
The BreatheHealthy mask uses a specially treated material that kills bacteria and mold on contact. This property is permanently bonded with the material and will be intact as long as the material itself. Reusing a BreatheHealthy mask does not come with such risk as the material keeps the bacteria & mold build up to the minimum. The BreatheHealthy mask is also washable. A little warm water with soap in the evening and your mask will be as good as new in the morning. All our BreatheHealthy masks also comes with a draw string bag made from the same specially treated material to keep you mask clean and germ free when you don't need it. No more worries about running out of masks. Why stock up so many when all you need is one?
This mask is great for those with allergies, during flu season to keep you protected and you should most certainly bring them along during your vacation.
Hope this helps."