How Does Our Rental Library Work?
- Look through our list of items available for rental, and then email us at Rentals@BabySlingsAndCarriers.com or send us a private message (PM) at our FaceBook page with the dates and duration you are looking at. Generally we need an advance booking of a minimum of 5 days to ensure a smooth rental process and for you to receive your rental item in time. For urgent rentals, please contact us anyway to see if it is something we can arrange. We reserve the right to decline a booking in the event that the item is unavailable.
- Once we confirm the rental dates, we will send you a rental advice with the amount to pay. You need to pay just a rental deposit equivalent to the retail value of the item.
- We will courier the item(s) to you at least 1 day before the start of your loan period. If you receive it early, the extra day(s) of rental is on us and you will not be charged any additional fees.
- Rental charges (as spelt out under Rental Charges below) and a flat courier fee of S$5 is chargable to you, and will be deducted off your deposit when the loaned items have been returned in the same condition as it had been rented out to you.
- At the end of the rental period, you will incur cost of courier in sending back the item to our rental library address that will be provided to you at the time you receive your loaned item. You need to show courier proof of the date of returning the items to us with a proper tracking number so as not to incur additional extension charges. The last day of the rental period is the day you should send out the loaned item(s). Extension charges (as below under Rental Charges) may apply if you courier out the loaned item(s) after the last day of the rental period.
- If the item is damaged upon return, you are liable for fair damage costs (to be determined solely by us), and up to 90% of the retail value of the loaned item.
- We will deduct all fees payable (including rental, courier, late fees & any damages) and return the balance of your rental deposit via the payment method you have used within 5 week days after we receive the returned items.
- For Soft Structured Baby/Toddler Carriers including hybrid carriers, rental charges are:-
- S$30 for 1 week
- $50 for 2 weeks
- Every 3-days extension S$20.
- For Baby Ring Slings & Wraps, rental charges are:-
- S$25 for 1 week
- S$45 for 2 weeks
- Every 3-days extension S$20.
- For Babywearing Winter Jackets, rental charges are
- S$50 for 1 week
- $80 for 2 weeks
- Every 3-days extension will cost S$30.
- No additional charges for newborn accessories. For newborn accessories such as the Manduca Ellipse & Size-It or JPMBB Booster & Neck Pillow will be provided at no extra charge, we generally provide free rental although a rental deposit must be placed with us for loan. We do not loan accessories out by themselves, and they can only be loaned if you are renting a compatible carrier.
- You are liable for courier charges unless there we had agreed to a special arrangement for collection.
Delivery/ Courier & Collection
Self collect option is currently unavailable as currently our rental library is housed off-site. All rentals will be delivered by 3rd party courier. All courier to you will be charged at a flat & subsidised rate of S$5 per package by our choice of a 3rd party courier. You are responsible for the courier fees on return. We just need you to show proof that it was collected by the courier on the last day of your rental period in order not to incur any late charges.
We accept payment by bank transfer or Paypal. Payment must be received at least 2 days before we can start the rental, as we need 1 day for courier clearance. This will also be the mode of return of the remaining rental deposit. No cash please.
S$10 rebate at Baby Slings & Carriers within 3 months
Show your rental invoice at our showroom within 3 months from the start of your rental date to receive S$10 off on your purchase in a single receipt above S$50. This discount is valid only at our physical showroom.
Hygiene & Cleaning
We ask that you care for the loaned items as you will care for your own belongings, for the benefit of others or your own future rental. It is not necessary for you to wash the loaned items during the loan period. We will take care of all cleaning and you will receive a clean item. However, please do spot clean any food or baby's stains by using a damp cloth and wiping off all stains as soon as they have occurred, and contacting us early so that we can work together to remedy it.
Safety & Responsibility
Our responsibility is to ensure you receive an item on loan that is functional and in a clean condition. You are responsible for the safety of yourself and your baby when using the loaned items, and absolve our Company from all responsibilities pertaining to your usage. If you have any questions, please ask all questions by emailing rental@BabySlingsAndCarriers.com before making a reservation for rental.